Monday, May 28, 2012

Nikki's Niche- Fabric Scrap Desk Hutch

I started this post a bit ago...in segments. When I went to download this tutorial, mid and end segments were gone! {gasp!}
(Along with the puppy photo-shoot I did with my sister-in-law. Whoops.) So for the sake of time I'll show you what I've been up to!

I've had this desk hutch for a while and I wanted to dress it up a bit.  I started with some left-over purple paint.

I finished with the purple and added some touches of pink...why not?

(Here's where I lost my pics)  I pulled out my spray adhesive and scraps of fabric that we have every now and then on Mindy Mae's Market.

I arranged the fabric on the cork board first, to give me an idea of how it might need to lay.
The I went back with the spray adhesive, which I sprayed directly onto the back of the fabric and attached it layer by layer.


Here's the finished product. I'll be honest- I added some ricrac and fabric lace tape around the perimeter of the top portion....and ended up taking it off. It was just a little too much.

It's colorful and fun in a place that wasn't before and I'm excited to use it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment